All about TYPO3 v9.5 ELTS
Community-provided, free long-term support for TYPO3 v9.5 expired in September 2021. Since then TYPO3 GmbH has offered Extended Long-Term Support to keep your website secure and running smoothly.
TYPO3 v9.5 is still widely used in many enterprise environments. To respect the complexity of updating integrated third-party solutions and many older extensions, we decided to prolong ELTS for an additional year. Decision Makers and IT Managers have to produce a secure and updated system for their clients and stakeholders. We are providing the much-needed time and extending their update window to the latest TYPO3 major version.
TYPO3 has always been known to be technically mature, robust, secure, and jam-packed with amazing enterprise features. This major release of TYPO3 came with countless new highlights and showed once again that the well-known content management system is well-positioned at the forefront of open source software development.
Here are the feature highlights of TYPO3 9.5 at a glance:
- Performance improvements
- Speaking URLs
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Site management and Site configuration improvements
- Redirects functionality
- Backend changes to the page tree and modal popups
- Improvements to the Install Tool and Admin panel
- Conditional variants for form elements
- Added General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Security hardening through files stored outside web root
- No more plain text or MD5 hashed passwords
- Database table creation simplified
- Context API PSR-3, PSR-7 and PSR-15 Standards
- Added Feature toggles
- Added Symfony ExpressionLanguage component
- Added Mail Queue (SwiftMailer)
- Added SQLite support
- Made upgrading TYPO3 sites easier
TYPO3 v9.5 PHP Requirements: Minimum PHP 7.2