All about TYPO3 v8.7 ELTS
TYPO3 GmbH introduced Extended Long-Term Support for TYPO3 v8 in April 2020. This will include security releases, browser compatibility fixes, and bug fixes until March 31st 2023.
ELTS 8.7 extended until March 31, 2024!
At the request of many of our ELTS customers, we evaluated a continuation of ELTS 8.7 and have decided to extend ELTS 8.7 by another year (April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024) making that a total of four years!
Plans for ELTS 8.7 year 4 will become available for pre-order in the official TYPO3 online shop on January 1, 2023!
- All about TYPO3 v8.7 ELTS
- ELTS 8.7 extended until March 31, 2024!
TYPO3 v8.7 is still widely used in many enterprise environments. To respect the complexity of updating integrated third-party solutions and many older extensions, we decided to prolong ELTS for an additional year. Decision Makers and IT Managers have to produce a secure and updated system for their clients and stakeholders. We are providing the much-needed time and extending their update window to the latest TYPO3 major version.
When TYPO3 v8.7 LTS was released in April 2017, it introduced some major improvements to the beloved CMS.
- Performance improvements
- Support for PHP v7.0
- Responsive image support with responsive image cropping
- Introduced the Form framework, a web-based form building tool
- Content Editing UX improvements such as the new rich text editor, CKEditor
- Doctrine DBAL so TYPO3 could support more databases, including MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
- Fluid Standalone
- More translation options and fallbacks for content elements
- Install Tool with upgrade analysis and documentation
More than 250 contributors were involved in bringing about these major changes. Contributor Jan Helke called TYPO3 v8.7 a “giant leap forward.” Now, TYPO3 could be quickly installed using Composer in less than 5 minutes.
TYPO3 v8.7 PHP Requirements: Minimum PHP 7.0.