New design with user experience in focus and interfaces to ticketing system
Where visitors discover the past, present and future of transportation: the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne is the most visited museum in Switzerland. Many interactive attractions bring the subject areas of road, rail, water, air and space to life. The new website of the museum was to become more emotional and clearer.
- To pay special attention to the customer journey
- To increase user experience thanks to interactions and animations
- To strengthen the «Swiss Museum of Transport» brand
Taking the Customer Journey into account, we reduced the amount of text and focused on visitor interaction by means of animations.
In a preliminary project together with the Swiss Museum of Transport, we determined how the website would support the strategic and economic goals of the museum. These included, for example, target-group oriented information and communication, strengthening the «Swiss Museum of Transport» brand and its sales channels, and so generating additional sales.
It was also important to the Swiss Museum of Transport that the website should be scalable and modularly expandable and offer a high level of security through state-of-the-art web technology. This security is ensured by using TYPO3 CMS.
The following custom made software and services ensured that the project objectives were implemented reliably:
- Target groups: including weighting and identifying core needs per target group
- Digital Guidelines, Social Media Strategy, Tagging Concept, Signaletics (Digital Signage in Museum)
- Show and ticket interfaces
- Detailed structure and content proposal
- SEO: Content and Structure Review
- Redirection of the top 50 pages from old to new navigation structure