Switzerland’s largest healthcare system – linked by TYPO3
New design with improved user navigation and usability for the Insel Group hospitals.
From basic care to state-of-the-art medicine: the Insel Group’s six hospitals form the largest healthcare system in Switzerland. After the Bern hospitals merged together, a new website was created for the Insel Group. The new design needed to improve navigation structure and usability.
- To establish a uniform design for every hospital
- To develop a simple navigation structure
- To improve the usability
- To ensure a short project duration of four months
Implementing the design with TYPO3
The website was designed with usability in mind. On the new website, the content is well structured and given plenty of space. Multimedia elements such as videos and a social media wall present information in an appealing way.
A clear flyout gives users a quick overview and a shortcut to the desired content while they navigate the website.
A company-programmed organisation management module (hospital manager) makes it easier to manage information centrally. It allows locations, doctors and symptoms to be recorded centrally and displayed on each hospital’s website.
Custom Software and additional services
The following custom made software and services ensured that the project objectives were implemented reliably:
- Online patient check-in
- Hospital manager
- Enterprise search (Solr)
- Services: news and agenda modules with filter functions
- Design adaptations for city/rural hospitals
- Workshop «Navigation structure and content concept»
- Prototyping using wireframes